Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Early Christmas present...

So after a week of sleepless nights, deadlines and a corrupt laptop I'm finally free. All work has been handed in and I'm home on the lovely Isle of Man for Christmas. I've got time to relax and forget about university for a little while....so imagine my surprise when I receive an email from one of my lecturers telling me I've won £250 worth of Republic vouchers!!

It all started in September when I began my Marketing module. We were told that we would be put into groups and we were to complete a project detailing new marketing strategies for two companies. When Republic got in contact with the university and explained that they would like to be used as a live company for five groups I jumped at the chance and my group decided to go for it. Thankfully, we were one of the chosen groups and we were taken to the Republic headquarters for the day as explained in my previous post.

When we were compiling our research together and deciding on new objectives and strategies I completely forgot that we were actually entered into a competition to win vouchers. I became so involved with the work and I felt that the experience was rewarding enough!

I was so pleased with our final project and I think we all felt that no matter what mark we received or whether we won the competition or not, we had been successful as a group and had really enjoyed working together. We'd put in so much effort but I never would have thought we'd come out on top!!

After the stress of the last couple of weeks this could not have come at a better time! It just goes to show that hard work really does pay off and I'm so happy. It has made my week....no, wait....it has made my YEAR! Any doubts I had about my capabilities and my work have disappeared and I feel like it has all been worth it. Plus, who isn't going to be happy with a brand new wardrobe?!

I'm so glad I made that first step back in September, putting our group forward. Looking back, I can't believe we were successful in being chosen, never mind winning the entire thing. It's so unexpected...I'm still in shock! I've included a few pages from our project below.






So, thanks to my lovely group and Republic, I now have £250 to spend on my favourite thing in the world...CLOTHES! I hope my group members enjoy choosing their new wardrobe as much as I do. Well done guys :)


Now where do I start....

xxxxx

1 comment: